The Diocese of Savannah is committed to providing safe environments and fostering continuous improvement in every organization that sponsors activities and/or provides services to children and youth. Through a series of workshops, educational materials, media articles and background checks, the Diocese is:
- Increasing awareness of potentially harmful situations through the VIRTUS Protecting God's Children for Adults training workshops.
- Implementing a Diocesan Code of Conduct for Those Working with Minors which outlines acceptable and unacceptable behaviors for all clergy, employees and volunteers.
- Evaluating background checks for relevance to the employee’s or volunteer’s position.
- Providing continuing education through the VIRTUS Web site.
April is CHILD ABUSE PREVENTION MONTH. The USCCB Office for Child and Youth Protection has published a Resource Guide for 2017 that includes
- Homily helps - talking points and Bible verses
- Suggested Songs
- Bulletin Blurbs
- Bulletin Blurbs En Espanol
- Bulletin Inserts and Handouts
- Sample Prayer Service for Healing
- Servicio de la Palabra Para Sanación
The guide can be downloaded from this link.