Catholic Cemetery

Opened in 1853, the Catholic Cemetery in Savannah is the final resting place for ancestors and family members of hundreds of Savannah Catholics. Four Bishops and many of our diocesan priests are buried here, as are veterans of the Civil War, Spanish-American War, two world wars, and the conflicts in Korea and Viet Nam. Some of the older sections are notable for fine statuary, impressive monuments and historical vaults.

Location

Savannah's Catholic Cemetery is located at 1720 Wheaton Street in Savannah, GA. This is on Wheaton Street, between the Harry S. Truman Parkway and the conjunction of East Gwinnett Street and Skidaway Road. It abuts Hillcrest Abbey Cemetery to the east. Click here to map it.
 

Burial Questions

For questions about being buried in the Catholic Cemetery in Savannah, please contact the Diocese of Savannah's Catholic Cemetery Office.
 

Genealogical Questions

Genealogical questions about those already interred can be answered by purchasing Savannah's Catholic Cemetery Books, which index burials from 1853 through 2008, or by contacting the Diocese of Savannah's Archives.

Go to top
.