Skip to main content

St. William (Sandersville)


Deanery: Macon
Mass Times: 7:30 AM
Year Established: 1870

Phone: 478-272-0266

301 South Smith Street
Sandersville, GA
31082
County: Washington

A mission of Immaculate Conception Church, Dublin

The church was established in 1870.

in 1879 the Church was destroyed in a violent storm and a new one was finished in 1885. It is presumed that the original foundation was used for the this church and that the present pews and perhaps the stained glass is from the first church.

it is difficult to tell from records the actual size of the congregation at any time in the early years.

St. Williams as a mission church had only monthly services, then in the 1950’s there were twice monthly services. In 1960, the Missionary Servants of the Most Holy Trinity assumed responsibly of the administration of the church and in 1962 weekly services began at the church.

FaLang translation system by Faboba