Skip to main content

Sacred Heart Catholic School



Phone: 478-923-9668
Fax: 478-923-5822

300 South Davis Drive
Warner Robins, GA
31088
County: Houston

Sacred Heart Catholic School, “built on faith” with considerable manual labor by parish members, opened its doors to an estimated 90 students in two classrooms in September 1955 in Warner Robins, Georgia. The first wooden building was a surplus military barrack. Warner Robins is the location of Robins Air Force Base, which makes our community an international city with an ever-changing population.

Presentation Sisters, from North Presentation Convent in Cork, Ireland, came to Sacred Heart School on September 17, 1956. Sr. Regis was mother superior; Sister Ignatius served as principal, and Sisters Vianney and Celsus began their role as teachers of the 165 students who were enrolled in the school that year.

In 1958, a new brick school and convent were blessed by the Most Rev. Thomas J. McDonough, Bishop of Savannah.

In 1960, a new classroom was added for the first grade, and Kindergarten was held in an old house across the street. This building was later used for the parish offices. 

In 1974, a 74-member band made its public debut at the Christmas parade down Watson Boulevard.

In 1981, the Most Rev. Raymond Lessard, Bishop of Savannah, was the celebrant for the school’s Silver Jubilee Mass and the dedication of the Murciak Library, named for Joe Murciak, a long-time school benefactor.​

The 1985 school year brought additional changes: a new wing was added to house the first and second grades, and a computer program was started.

In 1986, a science lab and music program was added, and the previous office building was expanded and remodeled in 1987.

In 1988, the school hot lunch and extended day programs began. Pre-Kindergarten for 4 year olds was started in 1993.

The unifying of school and parish promises to preserve the original mission of the Presentation Sisters as given to them by their foundress, Nano Nagle. This mission was “to teach, to touch the future” and the future of the Church in a very special way.

Although the last Presentation Sister left for another assignment in 2003, the mission of the school remains the same, “to pass on the beliefs and teachings of the Roman Catholic Faith, to teach students to reach out to others in a caring, Christian way, and to offer students academic excellence in a Christ-centered, disciplined environment.” We continue to reach out to serve our military and civilian neighbors by modeling the gospel values and Catholic identity.

Sacred Heart Catholic School is a ministry of the Diocese of Savannah and is under the direction of the Office of Catholic Schools. The school has been accredited by the Florida Catholic Conference since 1999 and is a member of the National Catholic Education.

FaLang translation system by Faboba