Skip to main content

St. Peter Claver Catholic School



Phone: 478-743-3985
Fax: 478-743-0054

133 Ward Street
Macon, GA
31204
County: Bibb

St. Peter Claver Catholic School was founded in 1903 by St. Katharine Drexel to give children a values-based education. She involved herself in Bishop Keiely’s venture and her philanthropy helped to open the St. Peter Claver Catholic School and Church. In 1904, the original school opened on Pio Nono with two Mercy Sisters; Sr. Mercedes was Principal and Sr. Gabriel was the teacher. By 1914, members of Mother Katharine’s new Order, the Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament, were sent to Administer and teach at the school. Within a few years of her original involvement, she had funded the construction of a new school, a rectory, and a convent. 

In later years, it became impossible for the Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament to continue to staff the school. Thus, many dedicated men and women have committed their talents to the mission of the school. In 1999, The Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul, a French religious community of women, agreed to serve as administrators of the school and have continued to serve since that time.

FaLang translation system by Faboba