Skip to main content

Holy Family (Columbus)


Deanery: Columbus
Mass Times: Saturday Vigil: 5:00 PM | Sunday: 8:30 AM, 11:00 AM
Year Established: 1835

Phone: 706-323-6908

320 12th Street
Columbus, GA
31901
County: Muscogee

Originally built in 1835 and called St. Philip and James, the parish was relocated to this site and dedicated May 12, 1880 and renamed The Church of The Holy Family. The Gothic-Bysantine structure was designed by Daniel Foley who was born in Dublin, Ireland.

The Church was built on property given by Sisters of Mercy who relocated from Florida to start school, called St. Joseph's Academy.

The Parish Education building, St. Joseph's Hall, is located on-site where their convent and school stood from 1870 to 1964. This is the only downtown church with a grave located on its grounds: Rev. Michael Cullinan, pastor of St. Philip and James was buried here, east of main entrance.

FaLang translation system by Faboba