• You are here:
  • Parish
  • Holy Family (Columbus)

Holy Family (Columbus)

Holy Family (Columbus)

Type: Parish


Address: 320 12th Street, Columbus 31901 | Muscogee County
Phone: 706-323-6908

Fax: 706-323-2043


  • Deanery:
  • Columbus
  • Parish Features:
  • Spanish Mass
  • Year Established:
  • 1835


  • Details
  • Map

Originally built in 1835 and called St. Philip and James, the parish was relocated to this site and dedicated May 12, 1880 and renamed The Church of The Holy Family. The Gothic-Bysantine structure was designed by Daniel Foley who was born in Dublin, Ireland. The Church was built on property given by Sisters of Mercy who relocated from Florida to start school, called St. Joseph's Academy. Parish Education building, St. Joseph's Hall, is located on site where their convent and school stood from 1870 to 1964. This is only downtown church with a grave located on its grounds. Rev. Michael Cullinan, pastor of St. Philip and James was buried here east of main entrance.


Director of Catholic Education & Superintendent of Catholic Schools

Michelle Kroll

Associate Superintendent of Catholic Schools

Carrie Jane Williamson

Director of Curriculum and Instruction


Executive Assistant to the Department of Catholic Education

Nancy Thornock

St. Frances Cabrini, pray for us.