- To give guidance, vitality and leadership in the spiritual life of all Catholic Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts and Camp Fire youth (SCOUTS) of the diocese.
- To make the entire Boy Scouts, Venture, Girl Scouts and Camp Fire (SCOUTING) programs available to increasing numbers of youths in parish units and in units operated by Catholic organizations.
- To promote the spiritual growth of SCOUTS through religious emblems/recognition programs (AWARDS), retreats, and liturgies.
- To supplement the spiritual phase of SCOUTING programs with special instructions and activities for Catholic SCOUTS.
Communication: Register your SCOUTING unit to receive updates on Committee meetings & activities.
INAUGURAL CATHOLIC SCOUTING CONVOCATION CAMPOREE!
Friday - Sunday, March 10 - 12, 2017
Black Creek Scout Reservation
Bishop Gregory Hartmayer, Celebrant
Welcome to the Inaugural Diocese of Savannah Catholic Scouting Camporee and Bonfire with Bishop Hartmayer. We are looking forward to a fun filled weekend combining Spiritual and Scouting Activities. This event is open to all Scouts (Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Cub Scouts, American Heritage Girls, Trail Life and Campfire Boys and Girls) regardless of faith. You are welcome to attend for the entire weekend or come for the day on Saturday. Schedule and fees are below.
Do not miss the awards recognition Mass on Saturday, March 11 at 5:00 p.m. where Scouts who have earned their religious emblems in the current 2016-17 year will be recognized and honored by name. Those who have earned the junior awards (Light of Christ, Parvuli Dei, Family of God and I Live My Faith) will be recognized by name. Those who have earned their senior awards (Ad Altare Dei, Pope Pius XII, Mary the First Disciple and The Sprit Alive) will receive their award from Bishop Hartmayer. Dinner will be served after Mass at 6:30 p.m. Bishop will also pose with recipients for pictures after Mass. We'll close the day out with a Bonfire! All Scouts in attendance will receive a special commemorative event item (e.g., patch).
Click here for SCHEDULE & FEES
TO PARTICIPATE YOU MUST REGISTER YOUR GROUP BY MARCH 3, 2017.
We do not accept cash payments. Please make checks out to: Diocese of Savannah Note in memo area: 2017 Scouts; Mail checks to: Diocese of Savannah, OYYAM-Scouts, 2170 E. Victory Drive, Savannah GA 31404.
FOR QUESTIONS OR TO VOLUNTEER TO HELP, PLEASE CONTACT:
John Petrillo, Event Chairman: 912-341-3811; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jamie Anderson, Diocesan Catholic Committee on Scouting and Scout Chairman: 912-344-4851; email: email@example.com
Religious Award for Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts
- Tiger & Wolf - Light of Christ
- Bear & Webelos - Parvuli Dei
- 7th & 8th Graders - Ad Altare Dei
- High School Grades - Pope Pius XII
- Adult - Bronze Pelican Nomination Form & Guidelines
- Adult - St. George
Religious Award for Girl Scouts and Camp Fire
- Brownies - Family of God
- Juniors - I Live My Faith
- 7th through 10th Grade - Mary, the First Disciple
- High School Grades - The Spirit Alive
- Adult - St. Elizabeth Ann Seton / St. Anne (Guidelines)
- NCCS - National Catholic Committee on Scouting
- NCCGSCF - National Catholic Committee for Girls Scouts/Camp Fire
- Boy Scouts
- Girl Scouts
- Camp Fire
- Heritage Girls